We love appreciating Chinese calligraphy and painting. Why not start learning by yourself? All you need is a brush, some colours, a rice paper and a good beginner guide (they are all available on our website). Here we are recommending you the complete series of Chinese paintings and calligraphy guides. Follow the steps on the books and start by washing your brushes technically, picking your colours and paper, and holding your brush correctly, until you draw and write your first stroke!
Memories of Peking: South Side Stories
As a prolific writer, LIN Haiyin established her reputation with the famous autobiographical novel Memories of Peking: South Side Stories (Chengnan Jiushi), published in the 1960's. Through the observant and precocious little girl, Ying-tzu, it tells five sequential stories of a Taiwanese family living in Peking in the 1920s. When six years old, Ying-tzu helps to unite a mad woman who lives at 'Hui-an Hostel' with her long-lost daughter. When her mother gives birth to her fourth younger sister, she helps to stop a growing romance between an attractive woman and her father. On the day she graduates from primary school, her childhood comes to an end as her father passes away. Readers sense a touch of loss, sadness, and bewilderment in Ying-tzu's understanding and handling of the adult world through LIN Haiyin's great sensitivity and her proficient lyrical writing style. This book is a bilingual English-traditional Chinese version.
1. Theoretical Training Course in Health Qigong
2. The Cambridge Illustrated History of China
3. Not Right Now! - My First Chinese Storybooks Series
4. Chronicles of the Han Dynasty - Library of Chinese Classics
5. Historia Indiscreta Del Bosque De Letrados - Biblioteca de clasicos chinos
6. Hurry Up, Hurry Up - My First Chinese Storybooks Series
7. First Step to Chinese Puerh Tea
8. A la orilla del agua - Biblioteca de clasicos chinos
9. Two little cats - The Chinese Library Series
10. The Big Spider - My First Chinese Storybooks Series
1. Healing Impotence the Traditional Chinese Way
2. The Boat to Redemption
3. Huang Hua Memoirs: Contemporary History and Diplomacy of China
4. The Story of Qiuju
5. Family and Clothes - Cool Panda Chinese Language Teaching Resources for Young Learners Level 1
6. Ask for Directions with Graphs and Symbols -Sinolingua Reading Tree Level 2
7. I Am the Great Detective -Sinolingua Reading Tree Level 2
8. 5000 Years of Chinese Art
9. Exploring China - A Teacher's Guide to Chinese Culture
10. Atlas of China
Our bookshop in London
If you are in London, don't miss out on visiting our bookshop! You can browse thousands of books and art supplies over two levels.
The Magic Animal World
Reading for the Summer
The Orange shortlisted author Xiaolu Guo is coming to Guanghwa Bookshop to talk about her new book 'Once Upon a Time in the East - A Story of Growing Up'.