T’ung and Pollard’s Colloquial Chinese course is the ideal introductory course for all dedicated learners of Mandarin Chinese.
Written by experienced teachers, the course provides a rigorous introduction to the pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar of Mandarin Chinese.
By the end of this rewarding course learners will be able to communicate confidently in a wide variety of situations. The solid foundation provided is also ideal for those who wish to advance their language skills to higher levels.
Divided into 17 lessons, each lesson contains conversations based on common daily situations, vocabularies, grammar notes and exercises to help learn and practice basic skills.
Key features include:
- clear grammar explanations
- lots of exercises for regular practice
- Pinyin Romanization used throughout
- Chinese-English glossary for quick reference.
- Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.