The revised edition, with new design and content, is a textbook tailormade for beginners of Mandarin Chinese to develop business links or doing business with China. The characteristics are:
- Text and vocabulary are given in Pinyin Romanization with characters throughout
- Each topic focuses on language for a specific business situation or context
- Grammar and language points are simply explained for practical and easy use
- Key cultural information and first hand tips for business people in each situation.
Compared to the first edition, the new edition has included 20 of the most relevant and essential topics for conducting business with China.
- Topic 6 for Chinese social media and communications.
- Topic 11 for job application and staff recruitment.
- Topic 17 for digital marketing and multichannel selling.
- Topic 19 for finding sales representatives and Chinese retail network.
- The language level has been modified to be more accessible. By completion, learners could achieve Level A2 of CEFR and Level A of BCT.
- A new unit for Chinese characters has been added to provide good understanding about basic structures and hand-writing rules.
- A brand new workbook with comprehensive exercises and clear business functions will be published by April 2018.