Stories of Chinese People's Lives selects stories about common Chinese people through which readers can experience Chinese people's emotional world and have a better understanding of China and its people. Introduction, cultural notes as well as key word explanations are included and readers can also know the HSK level of each story. Audio clips are easily downloaded through the QR code on the back covers. This series of books are a good help for Chinese language learners to improve their reading proficiency. The book series Stories of Chinese People’s Lives aims to introduce Chinese people’s daily life and their stories to Chinese learners and those who are interested in China, and to help them understand more about China and Chinese people
The first collection of Stories of Chinese People’s Lives is published in pocket size. It contains 8 books on different themes: Taste of Love, Colorful Culture, Silent Kinship, Stages of Life, Scenes in Society, Sceneries of the World, Poems from the Heart, Wisdom of Life. Each book includes 8 texts, containing pieces from both famous authors and ordinary people. These texts reflect almost every aspect of modern Chinese life from different perspectives.
The series has the following features:
1. Key vocabulary is explained at the bottom of each page, helping learners to achieve coherence in their reading. The glossary is attached at the end of each book for learners’ reference.
2. The bilingual guide and notes for each text also assist readers in reducing comprehension barriers and understanding these authentic Chinese stories better.
3. Each text corresponds to a specific HSK level, allowing learners to select accordingly and prepare for the test of a certain level.
4. Beautiful illustrations for each text make the stories more vivid and accessible.
5. The small and light design makes the pocket-sized books easier to read and carry, and also reduces learners’ stress while reading.
6. Audio resources are accessed by scanning the QR code on the back cover of each book, allowing learners to improve listening and speaking skills.
7. Fine Chinese style postcards of different themes have been attached to each book.