Cypress Book Company U.K. Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal information when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from),
enter our promotions or when you join any marketing, loyalty point or rewards scheme.
This privacy notice will tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice
we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you
so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information.
This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Cypress Book Company U.K. Ltd. is the controller and is responsible for your personal information.
Our Contact Details
Cypress Book Company U.K. Ltd. is a limited company with company number 01934628 and registered office at Unit 6 Provident Industrial Estate.
Cypress Books’ website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications.
Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal information that we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you and process the following information about you:
- Identity information – such as your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title
- Contact information –such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction information – such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical information – such as information from your visits to our website, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and/ or the App
- Profile information – such as your username and password, orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Usage information – including information about how you use our website and services
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
- Marketing and communications – including your preferences in receiving marketing from us
If you fail to provide personal information to us where we need to collect it by law,
or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested,
we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services).
In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal information
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website cypressbooks.com, or when you create an account with us, visit us, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media channels on our website, enter a promotion or survey, when you report a problem with our website or when you join any marketing, loyalty, points or rewards scheme.
- Information we collect about you. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,
your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages,
page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in a number of ways in the provision of our services as follows:
- to administer and protect our business and website, including troubleshooting, auditing and monitoring its use
- data analysis, system maintenance and support and survey processes
- to register new customers of our business who have signed up to our website or opened an account via our website
- to process your order including managing payments, fees and charges
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide and improve our services to you
- to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- to ensure that content from our website and/ or our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide our services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, such as:
- to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products or services
- to develop our products and services and grow our business
- to inform and update our marketing strategy
- for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email.
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link within the communication,
or logging into our web site and update your profile by untick the ‘Sign up to newsletter’ option..
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside of Cypress Book Company U.K. Ltd. for marketing purposes.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link or logging into the our web site and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your personal information
We may be required to share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with certain contractual obligations that we have with them and to assist us in providing you with our services, including:
- customer relationship managers and business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
How we protect your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. We also take into account legal and regulatory requirements which require the retention of personal information for a minimum period of time, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Cypress Book Company U.K. Ltd.’s general business purposes.
International transfers of your personal information
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You have certain rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations and other data protection laws in relation to your personal information. You can:
- request access to your personal information and how we process it
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- ask us to delete your personal information
- object to us processing your personal information
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information
- request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Except for essential cookies, each third-party stores cookies for differing amounts of time and the expiration date is unique to a person’s machine they are using.